Ancestry.com understands that you are a hard working, experienced and knowledgable human being. So we've designed a benefits package for you that is flexible, generous and based on choice.
Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
You get a choice of health plans, and Ancestry.com pays a generous portion of the premium costs.
Flexible Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
When you make tax-free contributions to this account, you can be reimbursed for child day care or elder care expenses necessary to enable you to work. Additionally, Ancestry.com contributes up to $200 per year to help off-set addtional expenses. What other company gives you free money?
Your future is bright, and saving up for it is easy with our 401K plans.
Life & Long Term Disability Insurance
When needed most, you and your family can feel secure with this benefit.
Personal Time Off
You will accrue up to 16 days of paid vacation your first year of employment - and it only gets better over the next five years, with up to 25 days of paid vacation! Additionally, you will get 10 paid holidays. Work hard, play hard, right?
Work/Life Balance - Time Away From Work
Ancestry.com recognizes that time away from work is important to help balance and manage the responsibilities of life. Our time away from work program includes: Bereavement Leave, Charitable Community Service, Holidays, Jury Duty, Leaves of Absence, Maternity/Paternity Leave, Short/Long Term Disability and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Flexible Work Options (with management approval & if position allows) include:
- Flexible work day start and stop times
- Remote work sites/telecommuting
- Regular part-time hours for specific positions
Once you are employed at Ancestry.com, you can earn sizable employee referral bonuses when you participate in the employee Referral Bonus Program.
Tuition Reimbursement (Undergraduate & Graduate)
This program is designed to reward dedicated employees by encouraging them to achieve their educational goals.
Health & Wellness
In an effort to promote health and well being, Ancestry.com offers a voluntary Corporate Wellness program. Employees who participate in this benefit are rewarded for completion of individual goals and for winning team based health competitions.
Employee Assistance Program
A confidential resource to help you resolve distressing issues in life. Typical problem areas could include:
- Relationship Building
- Marital & Family Challenges
- Stress, Anxiety & Depression
- Legal & Financial Questions & Referrals
- Alcohol & Drug Problems
- Child Care & Elder Care Referrals
We know that you spend most of your waking hours at the office. That is why we offer an extensive on-site benefits package - so doing your best work at the office doesn't even feel like work. We asked our employees what they liked best about working at Ancestry.com. Here is what they said:
- Working on a product that is touching millions of lives
- Engaged, creative, smart people who collaborate
- Working at a great brand name company
- Growing my network and advancing my career
- Millions of users see my code every single day
- Ping-pong table for those long night rallies
- Having a major impact on improving the business
- Competitive yet fun softball team rocks
- Opportunity to work with the best and brightest day-in-day-out
- Working for a company that has amazing potential
- My cool co-workers make me laugh everyday
- Biking trails, ski slopes and fly fishing right outside the office door
- Tuesday soccer and Friday pick-up basketball games at lunch
- Company celebrations and team outings
- The casual atmosphere and dress code
- Open to new challenges and new technologies
- Start-up energy with profitable company stability
- Lunch Bunch and subsidized drinks and snacks
- More than 11 billion historical records
- The Ancestry.com Inc. family history sites combined have more than 2.5 million subscribers
- Members have created more than 46 million family trees and added more than 4 billion profiles
- More than 160 million photographs, scanned documents and written stories have been uploaded