Mission And Values
We are, without question, the world's largest online collection of family history records and resources. We give individuals of many ages, races and backgrounds something truely priceless: The chapters of their own authentic, unique family stories. We are -
EXPERIENCED: We've spent well over a decade working on new ways to connect families across distance and time. Because of this, no company knows better how to help people discover their family stories and stay in touch with loved ones.
ACCESSIBLE: We break down barriers between individuals and their living families, their long-lost ancestors and the sometimes intimidating online world. We do this by simplifying the ways people learn, communicate and collaborate online.
SECURE: We've built a reputation our customers can trust, we aren't going anywhere.
SUPPORTIVE: We support our customers with a powerful informational network and a strong resolve to help them discover where they came from.
GENUINE: Ancestry.com's catalog of vintage photographs only scratches the surface. How deep will your family tree's roots go?
Our Culture -Building a great company and culture at Ancestry.com includes the following:
- Powerful mission of connecting families across distance and time – Employees feel rewarded as they help people make meaningful emotional connections with each other.
- Working for a winning organization as a leader in advancing genealogical and family research throughout the world – advancing an industry.
- Associating with talented and capable people who have a shared sense of commitment to expanding our products and vision – and are passionate about helping people connect with their families.
- Technically challenging work – we are always seeking to build and implement cutting-edge technology to enhance and scale our products and services.
- Financial success – Ancestry.com is a rapidly growing and profitable business with strong financial metrics and is poised for continued growth. Our performance incentive program and stock option programs are examples of sharing financial success with employees.
- Innovation and experimentation – seeking new ways to expand our current growth, products and customer experience.
- Career growth and development – a rapidly growing company provides an opportunity for the development and advancement of our employees. We provide a focus on presenting challenging growth opportunities along with appropriate mentoring and guidance.
- Work environment – seeking to create an inviting and collaborative work environment that provides opportunities for employees to enjoy their work atmosphere while interacting with their co-workers.
- Balance fast-paced and energetic work environment with an ability to spend time with family and friends – flexible work schedules and multiple work locations.
- More than 11 billion historical records
- The Ancestry.com Inc. family history sites combined have more than 2.5 million subscribers
- Members have created more than 46 million family trees and added more than 4 billion profiles
- More than 160 million photographs, scanned documents and written stories have been uploaded