Family Tree Maker 2006 Hits Retail Markets
Now It's Even Easier to Discover, Record and Share Your Family Tree
PROVO, Utah, Sept. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Encore, Inc., a leading interactive software publisher, and MyFamily.com, Inc., a leading network for connecting families, today announced the release of Family Tree Maker 2006® to the retail market in North America.
Tracing family roots is a hobby growing in popularity worldwide and Family Tree Maker remains the best-selling genealogy software program for discovering and recording these family findings. According to a recent poll conducted by Market Strategies, Inc. and MyFamily.com, Inc., 73 percent of Americans are interested in learning more about their family history. This represents a 13 percent increase over a similar Maritz Poll conducted in 2000.
Family Tree Maker 2006 provides users with all the tools they need to discover information about their ancestors, record their findings, and create beautifully detailed family trees, charts, reports and books to share with family and friends.
Family Tree Maker user Kellie Crnkovich has had great success researching her family history and feels she owes a lot of that to the resources found in Family Tree Maker. "Family Tree Maker enabled me to discover more than 9,000 people in my family tree, meet countless family members, and get back in touch with relatives my parents had lost contact with. It has been incredibly rewarding."
Features in Family Tree Maker 2006
- New Family Facts and Research Tips: Get fascinating information about people with your family name. See where your ancestors are likely to have originated, what their names mean, where they lived throughout their lives, what occupations they held and more.
- Improved Web Search and Merge: Family Tree Maker easily integrates with Ancestry.com, the largest online collection of family history records. The software will automatically search the databases of Ancestry.com while you work on your tree. Merge Ancestry.com records and images with any individual in your tree at the touch of a button and edit citation information before merging.
- New Internet Backup: Keep precious family history information safe from computer failure. Store a private backup copy -- up to 3GB -- in a password-protected online location. Internet Backup is hosted by MyFamily.com, Inc. and is free for the first 3 months.
- Improved Sources Management: Easily associate a source citation to more than one person or fact with the new copy and paste feature. Quickly view all sources associated with a single fact or person, as well as view all places in your file where a particular source is cited.
Product Availability & System Requirements
- Family Tree Maker 2006 is now available at major retail stores in the United States and Canada.
- Family Tree Maker 2006 Essentials, $29.99: Bonus items include a 90-day subscription to Ancestry.com's U.S. records collections and the Basic Training DVD, for a total value of $75..
- Family Tree Maker 2006 Standard, $49.99: Bonus items include a 180-day subscription to Ancestry.com's U.S. records collections, Basic Training DVD and the 1-2-3 Family Tree Workbook, for a total value of $125..
- Family Tree Maker 2006 Deluxe, $69.99: Bonus items include a 1-year subscription to Ancestry.com's U.S. records collections, Basic Training DVD, 1-2-3 Family Tree Workbook and the Ancestry Reference Library CD- Standard, for a total value of $200..
- Family Tree Maker 2006 Collector's Edition, $99.99: Bonus items include a 1-year subscription to Ancestry.com's U.S. records collections, 30-day access to images and international records, Basic Training DVD, 1-2-3 Family Tree Workbook, Ancestry Reference Library CD-Deluxe and the FTM Official Users Guide, for a total value of $275.
- As an added bonus, each of these new editions comes with a free 15-minute consultation with a trained family history expert and discounts on other related products. Family Tree Maker also includes a 30-day money back satisfaction guarantee (guarantee details outlined on the FTM packaging).
Installation system requirements include:
Windows® 98/ME/XP (Home Edition or Pro), 333 MHz Pentium, or compatible processor, 128 MB of memory (RAM), Super VGA (800x600) video adapter (1024x768 recommended), Hi-Color (16-bit) color quality, CD-Rom drive (for installation only, to use the CD back up features, a CDR/CDRW is required.), 150 MB free hard disk space, Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later. (A full install package for IE 6 is provided if your system does not already have it). To take advantage of the online features, a 56 kbps modem or higher connection speed and an Internet service provider are required**. Printer Support: Works with most popular printers (monochrome and color) supported by Windows.
* System requirements are based on requirements to run the Family Tree Maker program. System configuration may require minor adjustments to the configurations of your operating system and/or updates to the hardware component drivers..
** User is responsible for all Internet access fees and phone charges.
About MyFamily.com, Inc.
MyFamily.com, Inc. is the leading online network connecting families, present and past. MyFamily's tools, content and community empower individuals to find the people most important to them -- and discover and share their unique family stories. The MyFamily network includes MyFamily.com, Ancestry.com, Genealogy.com and RootsWeb.com. MyFamily also publishes Family Tree Maker®, the #1 selling family tree software, Ancestry Magazine, Genealogical Computing Magazine, over 50 book titles and numerous databases on CD-ROM. For more information on MyFamily.com, Inc., visit http://www.myfamilyinc.com/.
About Encore, Inc.
Based in Los Angeles, CA, Encore is a leading interactive publisher in the PC CD-ROM market. As a result of strategic relationships, the company publishes a complete range of productivity, utility, education and game titles.Publishing brands include Hoyle®, Marine Aquarium, Family Tree Maker®, Transparent Language®, 3D Home Architect® and Advantage; as well as the Riverdeep family of brands including The Print Shop®, PrintMaster®, Reader Rabbit®, Mavis Beacon® and ClickArt®.
Betsy McIff, PR Analyst. MyFamily.com, Inc.. 801-705-7381. firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE: MyFamily.com, Inc.
Web site: http://www.ancestry.com/
Door Prize Requests
Request for a Speaker
Salt Lake City Utah - March 21 – February 23, 2013
NGS 2013 Family History Conference
Las Vegas, Nevada - May 8-11, 2013
Southern California Genealogy Jamboree
Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel - June 7-9, 2013